Welcome to the Sunshine Coast – home to 10 rivers, 150km of unspoilt coastline, with surrounding malaria-free Big 5 Game Reserves. The Sunshine Coast boasts the most sunshine hours in the country and the very best of “Beach & Bush”.
Follow the R72 from Nanaga in the west and wind your way through dairy, chicory and pineapple country, past spectacular dune fields at Woody Cape and ancient coastal forests at Alexandria to pristine tidal rivers and magnificent beaches on the Sunshine Coast.
The valley bushveld is unique to the Eastern Cape, and supports more species of animals, birds and insects per cubic metre than any other. Over 400 recorded species of birds make this area a Birders Paradise. There are several big 5 game reserves to choose from including the ‘’Big 7’’ Greater Addo Elephant National Park.
Other attractions include a full variety of water sports, scenic golf courses, historical trails, a variety of eco-walks and hikes, culinary delights, impressive artists and art galleries, and warm-hearted, friendly locals.
There are a wide variety of holiday rentals available. Choose river frontage, family friendly or beach.
Ideal for quick break aways, there are accommodation for every taste. Pack your bags and head out!
Enjoy the convenience of a guesthouse with breakfast included and serviced rooms. Stay in barefoot luxury.
1. Walk from river to river and explore our golden beaches, bays & tidal pools
2. Visit one of the many Big 5 Game Reserves on our doorstep
3. Body surf at Shelly Bay, Kenton-on-Sea
4. Hike one of our many beach walks and discover wrecks, the cannons and Diaz Cross
5. Explore the Sunshine Coast on horseback or book a short beach horse ride
6. Enjoy a leisurely river cruise up one of our ten pristine rivers
7. Learn to surf in Port Alfred
8. Visit Meshack’s Studio and Maureen Quin Sculpture Garden
9. Catch the sunrise from the beach
10. Visit our many art studios and galleries
Relax on the sun drenched beaches and enjoy the many activities on our two pristine and unique tidal rivers.
A variety of mountain bike trails for the cycling enthusiasts. Try out gravel, single track, beach and forest.
From relaxed beach walks to adventurous 2 day hikes through forests, grasslands, dunes and beaches.